It is with great sadness that we announce that we will not be returning to campus for the completion of the 2019-2020 school year. We are saddened to not sing you good morning or farewell, and we are saddened to not get to celebrate with you at pep rallies or Mass. But we are grateful for your safety, for your sacrifice, and for your commitment to education. You are the future and we know that you will strive ahead ensuring that every person stands up, stands out, and stands proud!
As recommended by Governor Beshear, online instruction will continue for the remainder of the school year.
- Officially, the last day of regularly scheduled online coursework will be Friday, May 15. Students needing remediation will continue through the 22.
- All service hours are due by April 3. Myriad in-home opportunities have been sent out; however, Mrs. Maguire-Osting is willing to work with you if you have any questions.
- We will be mailing home report cards at the close of the school year in the first week of June. We will also mail home an updated calendar for the 2020-2021 school year at that time.
Information for Seniors
- Finals - It’s been a long haul and we want to make it as smooth for you as possible at this point, therefore, rather than the traditional “any senior with ALL A’s” being exempt, any senior who has an 'A' in a class is exempt from that final. Speaking of, finals for seniors will still be a week early - May 4-8. It’s a senior perk, right?
- Remediation - Any senior who is not passing any class after the finals will return to online school the following week, May 11-15 for remediation. This does not guarantee passing the class. That will be based upon the student’s ability to complete the work. Students in further need of remediation will work with the school to determine alternatives such as online summer school (at the student’s expense) to complete the coursework.
- iPad release - Upon successful completion of their coursework, senior iPads will be released to the student and all restrictions removed. This is done remotely and can be expected to occur for passing seniors on May 15.
- Transcripts - Continue to use the transcript request form through the end of May. If you need a transcript after that point, please contact the front office. Do not give up on the idea of starting college in the fall - you never know what will happen.
- Diplomas - Diplomas will be mailed to your home with verification of the address to which they should be mailed. If you prefer to pick up the diploma, it will be available after May 26 - please call the school to make arrangements for curbside pickup.
- Graduation - It will happen! However, it will not be formally held on May 15th. We have not scheduled an alternative date yet, but we will be prepared to celebrate when the quarantine lifts.
Although the year is coming to a close in the next month, it is imperative that all students continue their commitment to learning. Be sure to push forward even when you get tired, keep smiling even when you get down, and keep serving others even when you feel like the world is against you.
In the words of St. Francis de Sales
When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.