It is the desire of DeSales High School and its administration to provide the safest environment possible for our student-athletes, coaches, officials, staff, spectators and visitors as we return to play during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The following guidelines have been developed in accordance with the policies adopted by the KHSAA, CDC and the DeSales High School Board of Directors.
- DeSales High school will host Football (Varsity and freshmen games) as well as Soccer (Varsity and Junior Varsity) games as agreed upon with the opposing schools.
- DeSales High School and the visiting team will be required to complete the attached document of players, coaches, managers and other members of the squad to confirm temperatures. Temperatures will also be taken again by the DeSales Athletic staff to confirm the ability to participate in the contest.
- There will be no tailgating allowed while in the required COVID Protocols.
Spectators will be limited to the following:
- Football – visitors will receive 2 tickets per rostered athlete and coaches and home team will receive 4 tickets per rostered athlete and coaches.
- Tickets will be distributed to each player and coach along with the Spectator Regulation card, which needs to be returned with ticket payment at the football ticket booth.
- No coach athletic passes will be accepted (Administrator passes only if noted in advance).
- All individuals, other than rostered athletes in uniform, must have a ticket for entry.
All in attendance must adhere to the following:
- Record their name and contact phone number.
- Pass a temperature screening (100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter).
- Always wear a mask/face covering.
- Always maintain 6-foot social distancing from those not in their immediate family as practical and possible.
- All coaches are required to wear a face covering during pre-game, while the game is in progress and post-game.
- All student-athletes are required to wear a face-covering while not participating in the athletic contest. Athletes will be allowed to remove the mask when participating in the competition. Once on the sideline and have come to a resting period mask will be required.
- We ask that the opposing team provide our AD with information, if needed, on any student-athlete that may have an underlying health condition such as asthma, a heart condition, etc. prior to arrival so that our trainer can keep a close eye on that student-athlete during competition.
- Locker rooms will be provided to the visiting team. In order to provide for social distancing, the visiting locker room will be the basketball gymnasium.
- We are asking that the entire visiting team arrive together before entering the venue.
- Once the student-athlete has completed their game and whenever practical, we would ask those student-athletes and their parent/guardian to exit the facility to allow for better social distancing and reduce exposure risks.
- Officials will be provided a locker room, which will allow for social distancing (baseball locker room located on the 2nd floor of the athletic building).
- If a student-athlete becomes ill during the athletic contest and cannot be removed from the campus immediately, our soccer locker room will be used for the isolation area until that student can be picked up from the facility.
- There will be no water jugs or towels provided. There is a water fill station provided for water jugs for the student-athletes.
- A certified athletic trainer will be on-site, but their role is limited to emergencies with our opposing athletes. Ice bags will only be made available for emergencies as deemed necessary by our athletic trainer.
- No unauthorized personnel will be allowed on the field, in the bench area or the press box area.
We are on the schedule for the installation of the NFHS camera system and hope to have it up and running in short order to provide another opportunity for family and friends to view the game.
Any questions should be directed to Athletic Director, Don Bowers.